06 December, 2009

VISCOM | Final Project | Part B


Line #1 using woven wheat

Line #2 using leaves
 
Line #3 using leaves


tool(s) > mark(s) > pencil sketch(es) > analog shape(s) > digital translation(s) > composed w/haiku text 




After completing all three projects I have noticed their parallel of progression. Honestly I did not understand the importance of so many iterations of the dot compositions. I slowly began to understand the importance of the progression when we began the line juxtapositions. It was important to reiterate your first try's when deciding on the correct juxtaposition for the environmental line study.
Throughout these projects I have learned to think "outside the box", and not to act only on my first idea. Most of the time it isn't the best idea. Which goes hand in hand with progression. Just like reiterating dot compositions, retaking pictures of juxtapositions, and revising symbols; when one doesnt succeed in their first try, they should try a different approach. And not go with their first idea.
When the spring semester rolls around I will remember that craft is just about the best thing you can master, mini crits from your peers are always a wonderful idea, and that without a well throughout idea, your piece will not hit it's greatest potential.



These are my first drawings of my haiku. The first two lines are my iterations for my first line ("Wind-blown rained on") As you can see I was looking WAY too much into the poem. There are pictures of rocks, which I was trying to show that the rain and wind had created erosion in the rocks.
I now can see that the pictures were much too  literal. I believe I wasn't thinking abstract enough. I have been working on my progression and plan to continue to think more abstractly.

No comments:

Post a Comment