04 March, 2011

UK | Typeface design

We were given five choices of projects. I have chosen to design my own typeface. I decided to do a modular font.
After failing at my first try I decided to start over and create new rules.
Began to use basic shapes to create letterforms. After deciding I really wanted to use the grid base, then set some rules for myself to makes sure the family was cohesive. 
rules:
lower case
common breaking of letterform
2x4 grid structure
numbers would fallow the same grid, being the same height of the cap height



This is what I have currently came up with:

Crit for these is today, having to have each letterform printed on a A4 (approx. 8.5x11)
And a simple A1 poster (black and white only showing the entire font family, and including a short paragraph that uses the numbers, letters, and punctuations.  
(iterations)



No comments:

Post a Comment