16 November, 2010

VIS LANG | Communication Diagrams

After reading about the systems of communication and studying the fallowing diagrams:


We then began to create our own, using all of the information we gathered form the lectures, reading, and diagrams.
first drawing them, then creating digital. These are a few examples of this process. I made sure to incorporate the Source, Transmitter, the message, receiver, and noise. But at the time I had forgotten the channel and channel. After studying the information again. I began to redo my diagram.



 I went with using somewhat of a looped communication diagram. I began to experiment with gradation and color to separate specific elements within my diagram.
Then I worked on the final details of my diagram:
Then I tried using a key to show my digram's elements. I decided this wasn't as user-friendly as it could be...

I then placed the labels next to the corresponding pieces. I liked this better, But to finalize it, I added lines and more color to text.

Finally arriving at this:
Soon I will document the next steps we are taking with the digrams. We have used these models to understand and practice by creating tools the relate to the simulation we participate in a few weeks ago.
My partner, Ben and I are now creating a map that will focus on people of poverty, and helping them with their unfortunate situation. We will be creating a map of the bus routes of the Kansas City Metro, making them easier to read, gain knowledge of riding, and create a system of communication to better them.

1 comment:

  1. I love looking through the process, the series of changes your project underwent, especially the little color/gradation analysis. So adorable and professional!

    ReplyDelete