24 August, 2009

"Why graphic design?"

Thinking back on it, I don't really have a time frame in which I decided graphic design was for me. I knew I wanted to go into the art field at a young age. I constantly found myself looking at creative advertising sites, sifting through fonts, and PS tutorials. Honestly when I first became interested in graphic design, the social aspect of it drew me in. The way our society absorbs advertisements and how the designer does whatever they can to get their meaning across to the consumer. I found it very appealing to be able to use my creativity towards the molding of society. Everywhere you look, weather it is on the streets, in an airplane, or even in your own home, you are constantly engrossing advertisements created using graphic design. I find this totally mind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment