24 August, 2009

Responses to the readings:

The articles did not change my thoughts on graphic design. I agreed with both articles, and I liked that they went into depth about the design and social aspects.


 Type and Image, Meggs, page viii stapled why I want to become a graphic designer. I really liked that the author discussed the problem solving aspect of design and that most designers consider their activities as a problem-solving process. This is another element I enjoy when it comes to graphic design. It's appealing to have to figure out something, and to overcome the obstacles it takes to achieve your end result. A good insight was to say that design was the communication between users and products, places and information.
The second reading Graphic Design Sources, Hiebert, p 9-10 was more in depth when it came to the processes in graphic design. Also went into how graphic designers impact other's lives.
These articles read more into graphic design and how our soiety profits from these designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment