01 March, 2010

VIS COM | Icon corrections and beginning color

After out "final" critique of our icons Friday, I realized of course these are not final. I received some good feedback and have been correcting them to better my icons. I believe one of the biggest things I need to correct is the weight of the white line and reducing the harsh black. The thick black rectangles are causing the white line to disappearing and losing the icon all together.
I am in the process of fixing that, and correcting/iterating based off my critque:
The top icons are the original, and you can see I am just iterating them below, allowing my to compare them to one another.
 

We have now began color, and I am excited to see what color will bring to our icons. I believe my icon group will look much more cohesive and complete when color is added. I am once again using my image booklet we made earlier in the project of all my items. I used these images to begin color swatches and ideas for out icon set:
  
  
  
  
  
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment