02 March, 2010

VIS COM | Color icons, with color swatches

We first used color pencils (Any color, hence my horrid color choices) to iterate where our final color palettes would be placed. During class we chose which selection we should continue to iterate.
 
  
The black boxes show the two directions I will be incorporating color into.
  [Time to combine]
After doing my color swatches for my icons, it's time for color iterations using the icons:
 
My two directions are divided and iterated using my three chosen icons. Out of the two directions, I like the one on the right, which fills the subject instead of just important parts of the object.
The four sets that have black boxes around them are iterations of the original iteration. I wanted to explore how the icons would communicate if they were filled with different colors, or used different colored background. I did this because all of my icons are very cohesive; some may say too cohesive, making them boring. I was trying to see if breaking the cohesion with different color choices would help my dilemma.
I am leaning towards the different fills.



No comments:

Post a Comment