09 November, 2009

Proposal

For my taxonomy proposal I want to create a 11x6 (or maybe 10x6) wire-o booklet. The cover would be white with black type. I would like to use Utopia or Helvetica, maybe even Gothic. Something simplistic. I would also like to incorporate earth tones throughout the book. If I had the option to do so, I would use browns and greens, and possibly sepia prints, or very crisp black and white.
My table of content would also be very simplistic, also to use a line divider in the center.
I would like to place the black and white (or sepia) image of the tool I used on the left side of the page. On the right I would show neatly place images of the marks I created with this object. 


 




WIND-BLOWN, RAINED ON…
BENT BARLEY-GRASS
YOU MAKE ME, NARROW PATH INDEED


Connotative
1) grass
2) wheat
3) rain
4) wind
5) water
6) path
7)
8)
9)
10)


Denotative
1) worn
2) beaten
3) made
4) create
5) weathered
6) broken
7) bent
8) wilt
9)
10)

1 comment:

  1. you do have the option to incorporate earth tones

    the division of tool (left) and smaller grid of marks (right) is good approach - likely you will not need the line or the boxes to visually separate these units.

    Typography can be a lot smaller and more elegant/refined.

    Connotation list needs revised and expanded. What are associative words with water (i.e. thirst, refresh, etc). Same goes for denotation list. Many of your words are more connotative. Review the reading so you have a firm handle of (and can show me that you understand) the terminology.

    ReplyDelete